Saturday, 16 October 2010

My First Blog!

Like those children's books and toys which are called 'My First..', this is my first attempt at a blog entry.  I haven't a clue how this is going to turn out, but I guess I'll just ramble on about something and see how it goes.  I'll either take the world by storm with my witty repartee, or, more likely, be the blog equivalent of sleeping tablets.

So, anyway, perhaps I'll start with a bit about me, set the scene, whatever...
I'm Mandy, I'm a divorced mum of two, have been single for 7 years now.  My son is 19 and is a typical 19 year old, with a crap job and a regular girlfriend.  My daughter is almost 14 and has severe autism.  She is a bubbly blonde with an enchanting sense of fun, which makes people warm to her, despite her being almost non-verbal and functioning on the same level as your average toddler.  She's currently sat next to me, on her laptop, watching Teletubbies clips on You Tube.

My main interests are music, festivals and gigs, I adore the live music experience and I've made so many fantastic friends through festivals.  I started going to fests in 2005, 2 years after my divorce, and I've never looked back.  I've found something that really suits me, something I truly love doing, and I live for the summer so I can get out there with my tent and have some fun!  I love music, I'm a keen collector of records and CDs, and my latest investment is a 160gb Ipod, which gives me my whole CD collection in one neat little gadget - fantastic!

Anyhoo, enough of that for now, I shall use my blog to ramble on about whatever is on my mind at the time.  It might not be a regular thing, depending on how interesting I feel on the day, but I'm gonna give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment