Anyhoo, it's been a month since I last posted, so I guess I'll do a quick update on what I'm up to. It's gonna be a busy summer, with a total so far of 3 festivals and 5 gigs, I can not wait for it to get started!
In the meantime, at least the weather is giving me something to be cheerful about. That lovely, bright sunshine reminds me that summer is on its way, and gives me a good old dose of Vitamin D to be going on with. It makes a massive difference to my overall feeling of wellbeing, I feel more energetic, more cheerful and more keen to get out and do stuff. It also helps to banish that damn depression, which is lurking away in the cupboard for now, which is nice.
Now my kids are older and I have more time on my hands, I am determined to do as much as I possibly can to enhance my experience of life. I don't have to be around 24/7, I don't have to worry about what my ex husband will think, or whether he will stop me doing what I want to do, I can just sort it out and do it. Of course I have to plan, and save, but I'm doing it because I need to. Without the things I enjoy, I am not a whole person, and there is no reason why I should be half a person, I'm better than that. Happiness and fulfilment is good for a depressive person, it's good for any person, but when your life is blighted, it's even more special when you smile spontaneously and when you feel bouncy and optimistic. Yes, there will be down times again, but why should I sit around waiting for them?
So, this summer is dedicated to having fun, and I'm gonna get me a whole heap of it! Queens of the Stone Age, Glastonbury, Bearded Theory, Frank Turner, Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan, Adam Ant, We Are Scientists and Shambala, here I come, brace yourselves because I'm out for a good time!
No comments:
Post a Comment